[NFL News] Ex-Ravens, Browns Owner Art Modell Hospitalized, Reportedly In Serious Condition - GridironFans.com
NFL News | NFL Rumors | NFL Forum | NFL Draft | NCAA News | NCAA Rumors | NCAA Forum
Follow Us: Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow Our News Via RSS! Download our iPhone App! Download our Android App! Download our Blackberry App! 
Go Back   GridironFans.com > NFL Football Forums > Latest NFL Headlines
Register FAQDonate Members List Live Threads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Latest NFL Headlines Find and discuss the latest NFL news and rumors in here. This section is updated 24/7 by our NFL News staff.
Invite Members To Check Out This Thread

ReplyPost New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Ex-Ravens, Browns Owner Art Modell Hospitalized, Reportedly In Serious Condition
Posted By: SteveRobWhatever 2 Weeks Ago

Former Browns owner Art Modell is in a Baltimore area hospital where his condition is reportedly worsening.

Family members, including his sons John and David, are gathered with the 87-year-old Modell at the hospital.

Channel 3 Sports has learned Modell's vital organs are failing.

Modell owned the Cleveland Browns from 1961 to 1995. In a controversial decision, he moved the team to Baltimore to start the 1996 season.

During Modell's tenure as team owner the Browns made the postseason 17 times, including 11 division titles and the NFL championship in 1964.

Source: WKYC-TV

Ex-Ravens, Browns Owner Art Modell Hospitalized, Reportedly In Serious Condition-art-modell.png  

Old 1 Week Ago
Ball So Hard University

Favorite Teams:

RIP Artie B. With David and John by his side Art passed @ 4am this morning at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Go Ravens!

Last edited by MediaGuy; 1 Week Ago at 07:33 AM.
Old 1 Week Ago
NFL's Dirtiest Player
Usergroup: Super Moderator Usergroup: NFL News Editor Usergroup: Site Supporter

Favorite Teams:

RIP.

Sunny day in Cleveland...too soon?

Old 1 Week Ago
Your Soul, It's Mine!

Favorite Teams:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86WARD View Post
Sunny day in Cleveland...too soon?
When you compare that with the stuff being posted on ESPN, that's nothing. The venom coming from Cleveland fans is absolutely mind blowing.
Old 1 Week Ago
#1 Trap Star

Favorite Teams:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy82 View Post
When you compare that with the stuff being posted on ESPN, that's nothing. The venom coming from Cleveland fans is absolutely mind blowing.
What did you really expect?

I'll say first, if you're looking for anything other than idiots or flaming troll fans of any team, not just a Cleveland one, ESPN is the wrong place to be. Mostly knuckle draggers comment there.

What do you want from us, an "all is forgiven now that you're dead"? No chance. You can't be a cunt your entire life and make everyone hate you and have it change the day you die.

Am I celebrating like the people you've evidently encountered? Absolutely not. Even though I have great disdain for what he did with his life, I and most people will not be jumping up and down today. That shit is ridiculous and doesn't change anything.

But his death doesn't change anything either. I've already heard people talking about the class and honor bullshit about him thinking about the Browns and leaving the franchise, colors, records etc., and that's total fucking nonsense. This man was selfish and had to be sued to do that. The NFL fought to preserve the Browns, not this sonofabitch. No reason to pretend he wasn't self motivated like 99% of everyone else.
Old 1 Week Ago
HBIC
Usergroup: Administrator Usergroup: NFL News Editor Hall Of Famer

Favorite Teams:

The man was selfish??? wow, how do you as a city "LET" a team like the Browns leave because the city was too cheap to build a stadium then build one for the fucking CAVS..THE FUCKING CAVS!!!! Then build one AFTER Modell leaves....Cleveland is stupid! All he wanted was a new stadium...oh well he won a Super Bowl with the Ravens...
╚══`.ļ.MY SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS!!!!

Last edited by Buck Fenson; 14 Hours Ago at 06:11 PM. Reason: can't spell cause some dumbshit got to me
ReplyPost New Thread
Tags: , , , , , ,