[Browns News] Browns QB Colt McCoy To Start Vs Bears, QB Brandon Weeden To Sit - GridironFans.com
NFL News | NFL Rumors | NFL Forum | NFL Draft | NCAA News | NCAA Rumors | NCAA Forum
Follow Us: Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow Our News Via RSS! Download our iPhone App! Download our Android App! Download our Blackberry App! 
Go Back   GridironFans.com > NFL Football Forums > Latest NFL Headlines
Register FAQDonate Members List Live Threads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Latest NFL Headlines Find and discuss the latest NFL news and rumors in here. This section is updated 24/7 by our NFL News staff.
Invite Members To Check Out This Thread

ReplyPost New Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Browns QB Colt McCoy To Start Vs Bears, QB Brandon Weeden To Sit
Filed Under: , , , ,
Posted By: Sweets 3 Weeks Ago

Starting quarterback Brandon Weeden won’t play in the Browns’ preseason finale Thursday night against the Chicago Bears, coach Pat Shurmur said this afternoon during his post-practice news conference. Colt McCoy will start, and fellow quarterbacks Seneca Wallace and Thaddeus Lewis also will play, Shurmur said.

The competition between McCoy and Wallace for the No. 2 quarterback job is still up in the air, Shurmur said.

“I think as they’re out there playing, we’re gathering information about whether they’re gonna be a member of the 53[-man roster],” he said.

The preseason finale could have served as one final tune-up for Weeden. Shurmur, however, is confident Weeden is ready for the Sept. 9 regular-season opener against the Philadelphia Eagles.

“I think he’s very prepared,” Shurmur said. “I think he’s had an outstanding camp. I thought he had an outstanding offseason and really he’s kind of improved every day. So for a guy that’s going through this for the first time as a pro, I think he’s very ready.”

Source: Ohio.com

Browns QB Colt McCoy To Start Vs Bears, QB Brandon Weeden To Sit-9_colt_mccoy.jpg  

Old 3 Weeks Ago
1st Stringer

Favorite Teams:

showcase game
Old 3 Weeks Ago
I like horrible teams

Favorite Teams:

This is some Fox News level bullshit right here.
Fact check: "In five quarters and 18 possessions, he has completed 24 of 49 attempts (49 percent) with no touchdowns and one interception for a 59.7 passer rating. He has been sacked four times and lost three fumbles."

ReplyPost New Thread
Tags: , , , ,