[Broncos News] Broncos QB Peyton Manning Calls His Deal A 'One-Year Contract' - GridironFans.com
NFL News | NFL Rumors | NFL Forum | NFL Draft | NCAA News | NCAA Rumors | NCAA Forum
Follow Us: Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow Our News Via RSS! Download our iPhone App! Download our Android App! Download our Blackberry App! 
Go Back   GridironFans.com > NFL Football Forums > Latest NFL Headlines
Register FAQDonate Members List Live Threads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Latest NFL Headlines Find and discuss the latest NFL news and rumors in here. This section is updated 24/7 by our NFL News staff.
Invite Members To Check Out This Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Broncos QB Peyton Manning Calls His Deal A 'One-Year Contract'
Filed Under: , , , , ,
Posted By: SteveRobWhatever 3 Weeks Ago

In March Peyton Manning signed a five-year $96 million contract that contained $58 million guaranteed money although just the first $18 million — for this season — actually is fully guaranteed, Woody Paige of the Denver Post reports.

If Peyton fails a neck examination after the season, the remainder of the contract could be voided. If he passes, Manning will be ensured $40 million the next two seasons. The remaining $38 mil for 2015 and 2016 (when he turns 40) is not guaranteed.

Manning said, "End of the day, my contract really is only a one-year contract."

"That is the fact of the matter, so I think you do play with a sense of urgency," Manning told Paige off to the side Thursday after practice.

At 36, Peyton Manning is not interested in some long-term reconstruction project.

"Certainly, we're trying to get something started here, and want it to happen now. I've always kind of felt that way since I turned 30. You really have to play for this year. A lot of players on this year's team won't be on next year's team. So, if you're saying, hey, we've got a two- or three-year plan here, I'm not sure anybody on the team wants to hear that, and the coaches don't want to hear that."

Source: The Redzone

Click image for larger version
Name:	peyton-manning6.png
Views:	83
Size:	250.9 KB
ID:	41000  

Tags: , , , , ,