[Bills News] Bills DE Mario Williams Rips Replacement Refs After Loss Vs Jets - GridironFans.com
NFL News | NFL Rumors | NFL Forum | NFL Draft | NCAA News | NCAA Rumors | NCAA Forum
Follow Us: Follow us on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter! Follow Our News Via RSS! Download our iPhone App! Download our Android App! Download our Blackberry App! 
Go Back   GridironFans.com > NFL Football Forums > Latest NFL Headlines
Register FAQDonate Members List Live Threads Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Latest NFL Headlines Find and discuss the latest NFL news and rumors in here. This section is updated 24/7 by our NFL News staff.
Invite Members To Check Out This Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Bills DE Mario Williams Rips Replacement Refs After Loss Vs Jets
Filed Under: , , , ,
Posted By: SteveRobWhatever 1 Week Ago

Bills marquee free-agent acquisition Mario Williams ripped the NFL's replacement officials for not calling numerous illegal hands to the face penalties on New York Jets right tackle Austin Howard in his team's 48-28 loss Sunday.

"Pass blocking doesn't consist of illegal hands to the face just about every play, which, when somebody tells you that, and you're five yards away from it, and you walk away like you don't see him telling you you're getting punched in the face every time, then that dictates somebody like myself having to take care of that on my own," said Williams, who was held without a sack or quarterback pressure in his first regular-season game with the Bills after signing a six-year contract that could be worth up to $100 million with Buffalo in the offseason.

"There's definitely, with the situation that we're in with the refs like that, and then you don't listen or you don't call it one time out of 20 that were out there. That's really disheartening from that point."

Williams took all of his snaps at his usual left defensive end position, but was unable to get to Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez. And, according to Williams, it wasn't just because Sanchez, who finished 19 of 27 for 266 yards, three touchdowns and one interception, was getting his passes off quickly.

"I had some things going on, so I stayed on the left side, but it's just one of those things where you tell somebody from the beginning of the game -- and it happens, one time that's on me. But when it's multiple times and I tell you and honestly you act like you don't hear me throughout the whole game, I think that's a big problem," Williams continued.

"It's not something that's really going to dictate something, but what are you going to about it? You're getting off the ball and getting punched in the face, literally -- not by accident -- just about every other time, and that's a penalty, last time I checked, unless they changed it with the new CBA or something. Last time I checked, that's a penalty."

Asked about what he thought of Howard, who was making just his second career start and first with the Jets, Williams responded with a laugh, "I think I've already said that, but it's fine though. I definitely know what to expect. He's definitely a hands to the face guy, and they don't call it, so he's gonna continue to do it until somebody stops him, so that's fine. We'll deal with that."

Source: ESPN.com

Click image for larger version
Name:	mario-williams.png
Views:	22
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	41739  

Tags: , , , ,