The New Hangout Thread - v5.0

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by 86WARD, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Marty

Marty Rookie

God Bless you and your family man

ragman likes this.
  2. Kurt

Kurt That Server Guy Staff Member Fantasy Guru

So far so good in FA...

O-Line addresses with a top FA - Larry Warford
    Defense will be solid with Fairley coming back and Rankins looked solid when healthy. I think our talent at DT is the best in a very long time.
    A.J. Klein COULD end up being solid at MLB, we shall see.. hate the Anthony is looking more like a bust. Maybe Mike Nolan can get him where he needs to be!!

But Cooks, at age 23, why are they wanting to trade this guy? It seems like he will become the type of talent that you just don't let go.. like a Antonio Brown or TY Hilton. If he really does end up getting traded they better get "the farm" or I'll be pretty upset BECAUSE we need a life after Peyton!

3. ragman

ragman Pro Bowler Fantasy Guru

The Cooks trade just means the rich keep getting richer.

4. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

Love the Warford signing. Instant upgrade from Lelito and Kelemente. While Kline won't be a second coming of Kuechly, he knows the position and that is better than Anthony. Can't believe Anthony can't diagnose plays. Cooks didn't want to be here any more. He said that wasn't the case but when you complain after a big win, that shows he is a stats guy. Open guy get the ball in this system. Not sure if I am happy about the trade. I think that if they would have not been so open about wanting to trade him, even though Cooks agent did a lot of the leaking, the Saints could have gotten a better deal. The only thing good about the 32 pick is the 5th year option. The list of 32 picks succeeding is very small. And sending our high 4th for a compensatory 3rd is a head scratcher. Now, if we get Butler for a second or third then I would feel better about everything.

5. Kurt

Man Butler is just another "pay me" homeboy. We trade one knucklehead for peanuts and then may sign another to a mega deal? Butler is the product of a very good defense in my opinion, I think he'd still be asked to cover the #2. But it's going to take top 5 salary to get him plus a draft pick... meh... who was that DB we got from PITT? As soon as he got his big payday he turned to crap.. Saints have had so many free agent bust it's not even funny. I say they avoid big money FA and then draft a couple QB's and develop them and trade their asses like NE does LOL

6. Kurt

YES IT WAS A BULLSHIT TRADE - I'd never trade a 23 year old phenom to the best team in the NFL. It's just shooting yourself in the foot!

7. TJ

TJ Dez Caught It

He's the best WR Brady has had since Randy Moss. Nice job, Saints...

Kurt likes this.
  8. smeags

smeags militant geek

agreed. he should've been traded to the eagles.

9. Buck Fenson

Buck Fenson formerly Jake from State Farm

should have, to put it in Falcon terms, choked up the 1 round pick.

10. Kurt

why not, we've traded y'all most of our all-pro talent so far... for like 5th round picks.